New hotel in the heart of Beverley as part of the Flemingate development
- Premier Inn makes Beverley a popular destination
- Highlights skills working in town centres
- Biggest mixed-use development in East Yorkshire
- Major catalyst for regeneration
This Premier Inn is part of the Flemingate Centre delivered in the heart of Beverley by our construction team in late 2015.
The hotel is within the town centre conservation area and was designed to blend in sensitively with the surroundings. It is a good example of our skills for urban construction, which includes helping to minimise disruption to local people and businesses.
One focus was on making this a very sustainably built hotel, with our team taking their normal steps during the construction to reduce environmental impacts, including:
- Timber framed utilised sustainably sourced, FSC-approved, timber
- Manufactured off site to minimise waste and time on site
- Site team used empty office block rather than bring in cabins
Another factor was working closely with people in Beverley, with our team being proactive in building friends. This saw:
- Regular public engagement with public visitor days to maintain local involvement
- Updates for local schools, residents, MP and CIOB including presentations, tours and Saturday surgeries
- High degree of local labour used throughout the construction process.
- Buying agreements with local businesses
- Feedback with local community through Facebook group
This hotel was part of Flemingate, the biggest regeneration scheme of its kind in the East Riding of Yorkshire town, with high-street names like Debenhams, Costa and Wilko all taking space. As well as the Premier Inn, it includes a six-screen cinema that attracts hundreds of people from across the region.