Our Health, Safety and Welfare Policy is reviewed several times a year by the Group Head of Safety and Environment and the LCO Principal Health, Safety and Environment Managers.
We have a target of zero accidents on site. To help us achieve this we have:
- Robust procedures implemented through our Group-wide BSi accredited OHSAS 18001 certified health and safety management programme
- Policies, training programmes and targeted communication
- The “All Safe” programme
We understand the importance of Health and Safety checks to all workers, not just those employed directly so we operate a strict permit system on site to prevent people working in unsafe environments.
To pre-enrol for All Safe training before working on our sites - visit here
We have an excellent Health and Safety record with a steady reduction in our Accident Frequency Rates (AFR) over the past five years.
Accident frequency rates
Number of reportable injuries per 100,000 hours, divided by the hours worked
- 2010 - 0.28
- 2011 - 0.24
- 2012 - 0.17
- 2013 - 0.16
All Health and Safety results are reported at board level, and the information is disseminated to all levels of management and employees within the company.
Health and Safety awards
The Royal Society of the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
- Group membership for 2013
- Gold Certificate - Construction Hitchin (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- Silver Certificate - Housing Shefford (2012)
- Silver Certificate - Interiors (2012)
- Silver Certificate - Housing Southgate (2010)
- Bronze Certificate - Housing Shefford (2010)
The Contractors Health and Safety (CHAS) Assessment Scheme
- Group accreditation for 2013
British Safety Council
- Group Membership for 2013