Doncaster , Yorkshire and Humber
Senior Site Manager
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01050
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK’s first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We are now looking to expand our team in Yorkshire with an experienced Senior Site Manager that will align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture.
To be considered as a Senior Site Manager, you will be capable of running and delivering projects of £10m plus. Reporting to the Construction/Operations Manager the ideal candidate will be able to lead the site management team and the supply chain to deliver the projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Implementation of project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- The ability to establish and maintain standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and requirements.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy.
- Management of community relations and ensuring appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
- The ability to produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
- Elimination of waste and avoidance of non-recoverable costs and preliminaries losses.
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Implement standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
- Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A track record of successful delivery of projects.
- A variety of construction operations.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s).
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
- Working towards a MCIOB.
- Striving to astonish our customers
- Always working as one team
- Working collaboratively to achieve the best results
- Always willing to listen, learn and share to drive improvement
- Keep it real – be genuine and straightforward in your dealings with people
- Having a can-do attitude, even when it’s hard going
- Recognising and respecting others
- Leading by example and taking responsibility
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise for sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
This year we were dubbed as the 4th Best Company to Work For in the Times Top 100, as well as landing in the Times top 50 employers for women. This accolade reflects the culture and opportunity we have on offer for you. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
Our family values and respect for people has seen us receive accolades as one of the best places to work in the country; including being regularly listed in Building magazine’s Good Employer guide. Willmott Dixon has also been named Building magazine’s Major Contractor of the Year for 2013, the second time in three years it has achieved this prestigious accolade.
If you want to find out more, see our YouTube channel and follow us on Twitter: @WillmottDixon