Worcester , West Midlands
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01542
Managing the financial position and supply chain relationships right is vital to the success of our projects, we are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor. The successful applicant will deliver initially a project in Worcester but will be happy to work in Birmingham and South midlands. As a Quantity Surveyor, you will ensure that projects are procured, delivered within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers’ expectation, making sure that the financial position of our project is accurate is essential and managing the contractual relationships between the various parties is vital.
Working remotely and from our live construction projects you will:
• Assist in accurately valuing, certifying, and issuing any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
• Ensuring that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date.
• Complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
• Strive to build and establish excellent working relationships with our supply chain, consultants, and clients where appropriate, this will enable you to identify any potential disputes in a timely manner to your line manager and then implement effective resolutions.
• Work closely with the project team and senior commercial staff to achieve or exceed budgeted targets for your project.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Successful procurement experience
• A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
• Experience in Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades
• A working knowledge of relevant contract conditions
• Experience of leading or assisting Financial/cost control on a relevant project
• Appropriate CSCS card
• Valid driving licence
• Construction related degree
• Working towards MCIOB or RICS
What we offer
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile and flexible working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive. Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development