City of London , London
Reference number: INT00267
Willmott Dixon Interiors is currently looking to recruit a Design Manager to join the team based in our Head Office in London, Farringdon. Candidates should ideally be able to provide leadership and management of design process and allocated resources. Candidate should be contractually astute and be experienced in executing deeds of appointment.
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group we are currently involved in some hospital projects with values of £5-10m (but experience of bigger projects will be very useful for our future pipeline of work). These include some major refurbishments to listed and landmark buildings, educational & medical institutions.
The main role of a Design Manager at Willmott Dixon is to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services.
You will therefore be able to overview, monitor and report on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too – Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
Are you an innovator? We are not afraid to think big and embrace innovative digital design, along with manufacturing approaches, to make sure we deliver a better, stronger and more personal offer and exceed our customers’ expectations.
At Willmott Dixon Interiors we are committed to shaping society and leaving a positive impact in a sustainable and responsible way, through the work we do every day. Our aim is to assist our customers and place sustainability at the heart of every project we work on.
Our office (when you need to go to it – how times have changed) is within easy reach of a number of stations: Blackfriars, Cannon Street, Farringdon, Fenchurch Street, Holborn, Liverpool Street and Waterloo and all the fantastic amenities, our customers and food destinations that part of London offers!
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Experience of various forms of construction technology
- Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
- Design manager experience with a main contractor
- Experience of multiple or large-scale project delivery
- Experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Experience of managing specialist designers and managing others in your team
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (ONC / NVQ4 etc)
- Valid driving licence
- Navigation experience of design package software• Working towards MCIOB/RICS
- Construction related degree
- Experience of NEC forms of contract
- Experience of using 4P EDMS
This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player
- Is able to Influence and inspire
- Has a growth mindset
- Excellent listening skills
- Is able to Problem solve
- Is positive & proactive
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
- Is Innovative / Creative / open minded
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Is people focused
- Is Driven / motivated
- Is Organised / Detailed
Sound like you? If so, come and join our Willmott Dixon Interiors team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
In return we provide you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos and a chance to develop your career of a lifetime!
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.