The Skinners' Kent Academy
Ofsted outstanding academy part of the Skinners' family of schools
The Skinners' Kent Academy was established in 2009 from Tunbridge Wells High School and is consistently ranked as a high achieving school by Ofsted.
It operated from the original buildings of the predecessor Tunbridge Wells High School and the sponsor needed an updated a facility that would evoke “a pride in the school’s success” and celebrate the school's specialism of science and engineering.
Multi-functional learning space
Our Kent-based team delivered the new three storey secondary academy with four zones that provide a variety of personalised learning space internally and externally. Additional works involved re-modelling three separate areas of the site, and refurbishing the existing sports hall to create a state-of-the-art facility to cater for the 1,150 students, specialising in Science and Engineering.
We were appointed by Kent for our track-record and pedigree in building schools which is unmatched in the country. The council needed our expertise to meet a number of key criteria, including:
- Blur boundaries between faculties and specialism
- Capturing the vision “Pride in our Success” within the design
- Integrating three separate sites into one learning campus
- School to remain in occupation throughout
- Integration and upgrading of existing sports hall
- Highways works necessary for scheme but not in budget
- Integrating dining, assembly and performing arts.
This was just one of a series of projects we've built in Kent that has created better facilities for thousands of young people to learn and thrive.
- Latest addition to the Skinners' family of schools
- Our team worked in live environment
- Provided four separate learning spaces
- One of the best schools in Kent
The Heights, Building One
Tel: 01932 584700