Four-star hotel built on a constrained site next to the M4 in west London
- 4-star hotel operated by Accor
- Logistically-challenging site adjacent to Barratt Homes development
- Next to M4, so high acoustic performance cladding used for external facade
- 202 in situ bathrooms using 3D modelling to plan the sequencing
Willmott Dixon built this four-star, 202-bedroom hotel in the desirable Great West Quarter Development in Brentford. It follows extensive work for other big hotel brands like Holiday Inn, Travelodge and Premier Inn.
The hotel is adjacent to the M4, so a high acoustic performance was used for the external façade. Brick slips were used to form rainscreen cladding. The fit-out of the hotel basement includes the construction of a swimming pool.
Challenges and achievements
- This was a constrained site, situated on a Barratt Homes development, and liaison and communication with neighbours was paramount. The project achieved a Considerate Constructors Schemes score of 39.
- The design required 204 in situ bathrooms to be constructed instead of bathroom pods. This process required 3D modelling to plan the sequencing.
- Some 95% of waste was diverted from landfill.