Letchworth Garden City , East of England
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: HOL00164
Willmott Dixon is the UK’s third largest privately-owned capital works, regeneration and support services company.
We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development so believe we offer a career of a lifetime and regularly celebrate our people's long service with awards.
Founded in 1852, we are now one of the country's most recognisable brands for the built environment, developing and delivering new schools, housing, hospitals, hotels and office developments, often as part of a town’s regeneration. We also care and maintain over 120,000 homes and provide sustainability expertise.
Our family values and respect for people has seen the business achieve numerous accolades as one of the best places to work in the country. Willmott Dixon, for the past four years has been the highest privately owned construction and development company in the prestigious Sunday Times Best Companies to work for list.
We are looking for experienced, hands on Payroll Clerk to join our busy team. The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely salary and expense payments to the Group’s 3,200 employees.
As a Payroll Clerk within the Payroll team your key responsibilities will be:
- Responsibility for end to end payroll processing for a number of LCOs within the Group including reconciliation of payroll and preparation and submission of BACS and RTI files.
- Responsible for processing employee expense and mileage payments. To include checking for tax status, particularly in terms of 24 month rule for site based employees and reimbursement for commute travel.
- Ensure all payroll deadlines are maintained through an awareness of priorities and workload.
- Maintaining in depth knowledge of payroll and pension legislation, including Local Government Pension Schemes.
- Assist in creating and posting all payroll journals to the Finance system.
- Assist in paying over third party and pension payments.
- Update and maintain company car records in payroll system on a monthly basis for P11d and fleet management purposes.
- Retain payroll records in accordance with statute and Willmott Dixon policy.
- Producing ad-hoc reports as required by the business.
- Assist in attending to queries raised by employees and business via e-mail, telephone or LCO visit.
- Support with project work as required.
- Aspire to the highest of service and accuracy.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in compliance with Group policy and relevant Data Protection guidelines.
Essential and desirable criteria
- Good level of education
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of relevant Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly excel
- Experience of using integrated HR/Payroll software
- Ability to carry out all technical payroll calculations manually
- Proven experience in a complex payroll environment
- Proven experience of working as part of a team
- A courteous and helpful manner when resolving issues
- Ability to prioritise with a flexible approach
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- CIPP or similar qualification.
- Experience of working within a Finance environment
- Experience of Resourcelink
- Ability to model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
- Ability to identify your customer needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
- Ability to find practical ways to overcome barriers.
- Ability to problem solve issues in a logical and organised manner.
- Ability to work to a project plan when required and feedback on issues to stakeholders.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.