New multi-level site will provide community spaces and state-of-the-art sports facilities in Croydon
- Latest in a string of projects for Croydon
- Mix of leisure and housing
- Delivered by our mixed-use experts
Our team are transforming the western side of Central Parade in New Addington to provide community spaces, state-of-the-art sports facilities and eight new family homes.
The new flexible space features two multi-purpose halls, a café, meeting rooms, offices and dressing rooms, with an option of licence applications for booked events.
The development will provide high quality and modern leisure and community facilities acting as a significant upgrade to the current provision in the area. A row of eight family sized townhouses will provide an appropriate street frontage to Chertsey Crescent with dedicated car parking.
The leisure and community facilities will provide the following:
- Community Halls
- Community Café
- 6 lane 25m pool with spectator seating for up to 150 people
- Learner pool
- Wet changing village
- Large Fitness gym incorporating a spin studio
- Dry change facilities
- Multipurpose studios (fitness and community)
- Indoor 4 court sports hall with associated changing facilities
- Public realm upgrades
The council’s Connected Croydon street improvement project also brought £1m of upgrades to Central Parade including:
- widening and repaving the footways in quality materials to make the Parade’s more attractive
- installing a new southbound bus stop and footpath to link it to the Parade
- upgrading parking arrangements for blue badge holders
- installing more bins, benches and cycle parking
The project follows a string of work for the London Borough of Croydon where are team has created, among others, Oasis Academy, a new secondary school with focus on sport and science and Harris Academy, a Sunesis design school; the 8th school we have built in Croydon. Our people have also spent a lot of time working with community projects such as Croydon charity Lives not Knives to leave a lasting legacy in the area.