Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting, residential development and property support company. Group chief executive Rick Willmott is the fifth generation to lead our business, which was ranked as the 38th largest private company in the UK by the 2016 Sunday Times Top Track list.
Being a large company means we have the scale to create a huge and lasting positive impact on our society. This is not only done through what we build and maintain; it’s achieved through the fantastic efforts of our people who make a major contribution to enhancing their local communities.
Group chief executive Rick Willmott:
"I am very proud that in 2016 we invested £2.5 million through our people in support of initiatives that improve the lives of others – up 65% from the previous year. I believe passionately that our company has a purpose beyond profit and, with its scale, a real opportunity to be a catalyst for positive change wherever we work. This is not only done through what we build and maintain; it’s achieved through the fantastic efforts of all our people who make a major contribution to enhancing their local communities.”
Our contribution to sustaining growth in communities was underlined by being the only company in our sector to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise for sustainable development in 2014. We followed that up by becoming the only contractor to be recognised with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
The core beliefs that support everything we do:
- Ethical - our people and operations meet the highest standards of conduct
- Sustainable - being a carbon neutral business is just one way we make sure our work supports the environment we all share
- Excellence - our culture, training and ethos is about making sure we have the best people in the industry to work with our clients
- Contributing - we want to make society a better place for all, and that includes investing over £2 million a year in community projects
- Quality - we are vigorous and determined that the output of our work is the highest standard available anywhere
"Sustainable development is in our DNA: we want to improve skills, enhance social cohesion and create new opportunities. We measure success by how we strengthen the fabric of communities benefiting from our projects."
Rick Willmott, Group Chief Executive