We aim to attract, develop and promote the best people in order to provide a high quality service to our clients and customers.
- We recruit and promote those who best exhibit the Willmott Dixon values
- We provide a working environment that makes people want to stay and give of their best
- We make sure they have the training they need to help us remain industry leaders; and we are committed to helping them achieve their full potential
- We aim to deliver training at a level that is 50% above the industry average.
- We work hard to keep the turnover of staff low and we aim to have a workforce that is at least 50% more diverse than the industry average
- We are committed to supporting the development of people new to our industry through our management trainee, Opening Doors and apprenticeship programmes.
Development and review
Staff have regular performance and career development reviews, and the managing director from each local company office gives a yearly presentation to the Board on every member of staff's development, performance and potential.
We continually review our development and training programmes to make sure that they are continuing to make the grade.
Teams hold regular meetings in which discussion is encouraged and employees’ opinions are sought. Managers update them regularly on the Company’s position and future plans.
Each year, we survey all our staff about their experience of working for Willmott Dixon. Employee engagement has remained at a consistently high level over the past few years, but we know we can always do better. So each year we develop an action plan to address any issues that our employees raise, to make Willmott Dixon an even better place to work.
We have won a number of awards for the quality of our workplace environment.
We regularly monitor and report on our workplace management performance at Board level.