Hitchin , East of England
Reference number: HOL00430
Collida (a Willmott Dixon Company) currently have an opportunity available for a Digital Manager to provide business leadership and technical expertise to develop, implement, and successfully deliver Digital Construction within the business. We are flexible on location, and operate an agile working policy, but we would like this individual to join the rest of the Collida team 2 days a week in our Hitchin office (preferably one of those days being a Monday). Collida is changing how the industry designs, procures, and delivers community buildings of superior quality, sustainability and liveability. Collida is a business that pre-designs and procures buildings to make a ‘Product’, using digital capability, embedding MMC and high levels of sustainability in each of our Products. Our audacious goal is to design and procure buildings in a day! (Are you ready for the challenge?)
Within this role you will be required to:
• Deliver the strategic vision as defined in Collida’s Digital Strategy to inspire positive change in the short, medium, and long term.
• Develop and deliver against a Digital Implementation Plan for the Collida team.
• Help deliver internal Digital Training to support and upskill the Collida team.
• Maintain all business-critical digital solutions.
• Establish capability of Consultants and Supply Chain Partners and retain records. Provide feedback to Collida Management Team and Steering Board.
• Ensure all Main Contract obligations as defined in the EIR are captured and go ‘back-to-back’ with Deeds of Appointments and Services Schedules for all Design Consultants and Supply Chain Partners with CDP responsibility.
• Capture and share learning/ best practice/ROI studies with each construction business and Construction Strategic Digital Team.
• Produce a monthly Digital Construction Board Paper.
• Assist in the creation of winning PQQ’s/ tenders and support the pre-construction team throughout the process.
• Audit BIM protocols and procedures to align with customer requirements and business certification.
• Develop a Collida standard approach in the production of Digital Construction documents to deliver successful projects against ISO 19650.
• Ensure all project models are audited for LOD and LOI at each RIBA stages as required and before information exchanges.
• Inspire, lead manage and support Digital Teams on the auditing and delivery of the Project Information Model to meet the expectations in the Employers Information Requirements and align with Post Contract award BEP.
• Ensure each Collida product offer is supported by 4D and 5D solutions.
• Keep abreast of the evolving digital market and report Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to the Collida Steering Board and Construction Strategic Digital team.
• Develop a strategy to manage and support Fieldview/ task management tools and deploy to Operational teams and organise training as appropriate.
• Where relevant select and appoint 3rd Party Digital Consultants where needed to meet project requirements.
• Manage and facilitate external BIM certification audits and publish results.
• Ensure IT infrastructure is capable and fit for purpose. Check performance periodically at business and site level.
• Ensure compliance with enterprise-level solutions
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Detailed knowledge of Digital Construction / BIM processes, software, legislation, certification, etc.
• Delivering BIM to ISO 19650.
• Understanding of the design and construction process.
• Degree qualified in construction, computing or related discipline (or equivalent work experience).
• Bid writing (desirable)
• Full membership of relevant professional body (desirable).
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon’s purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2022 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.