Birmingham , West Midlands
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01125
Willmott Dixon is driven by quality and customer service and to this day we remain family owned and take pride in our core values. We are passionate about people and have a real focus and drive around continuous development.
We understand the key to growth is through ensuring we provide development management solutions to our public sector customers so are looking to expand our team and recruit a Development Manager.
This role will work alongside our teams across the midlands and north region, working across a variety of sectors with the main aim being to develop a forward order book of opportunities within the Midlands and North.
The key responsibilities will include
- Establish a development solutions pipeline, working in conjunction with the national lead and regional teams to establish key targets and pipeline opportunities
- Lead the role out of appropriate development models within the regions you support
- Engage and motivate regional teams to buy in and support the development process
- Establish and create development management services solutions for customers, and deliver the service through to project completion.
- Undertake asset management reviews of customers’ existing land / assets and develop feasibility studies on how to make best value
- Identify land suitable for development in line with the development plans of relevant customers
- Identify and understand key alternative funding solutions and options
- Lead and manage development opportunity related bids and feasibilities
- Lead development launch meeting and provide client brief pack and programme
- Create and maintain development appraisals on schemes, reporting internally and externally as required
- Work closely with regional preconstruction teams to establish deliverable solutions which achieve relevant margin requirements
- Manage relevant consultant relationships on projects to ensure deliverable solutions achieved
- Identify risks/opportunities and eliminate risk and optimise returns to ensure that projects evolve to meet and better the financial and programme requirements
- Key account management for key regional development partners / frameworks
- Monitoring and maintaining CRM pipeline for development led opportunities
- Experience working in a development related function previously
- A network of customer and consultant contacts
- Knowledge of funding options and mechanisms would be desirable
- Experience in running development appraisals
- Commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication ability
You can be based anywhere within the two regions but must be prepared to travel throughout, depending on your location you may require to spend some nights away from home every week or fortnight.
Closing date - 26th December 2019
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.