Leeds , Yorkshire and Humber
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: INT00312
Our Design Management team are looking to recruit a Design Manager for West/South Yorkshire area. The role is to support our ever expanding and diverse portfolio of work within the refurbishment and fit-out sector. The successful candidate will work in a hybrid way initially covering 2 projects based in Leeds.
Candidates should ideally be able to provide leadership and management of design process and allocated resources. You should be contractually astute.
The main role of a Design Manager at Willmott Dixon is to manage the design process, promote integration of disciplines and select, manage and appoint consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services.
You will therefore be able to overview, monitor and report on design programmes, and also provide technical support to the bid process. In addition you will be developing designs that utilise innovative techniques on multiple/complex projects.
In addition, your drive will be to develop risk free designs that utilise innovative techniques on projects whilst having good knowledge of modern methods of construction (MMC) and support implementing ideas on our net zero carbon targets under our Now or Never Strategy.
The key responsibilities are:
• Lead the design process to produce accurate information in line with the agreed specifications, design and cost plan
•It is also equally important to manage the appointment of consultants and ensure that they perform in line with their deed and mutually agreed scope of services
•Develop and manage the design programme with the consultants to meet the agreed whole life programme dates
•Provide cost effective technical solutions
•Chair design team meetings and issue actions
•To ensure the design meets all necessary statutory and building regulatory approvals
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Must have good main contractor experience of managing projects ideally within the heritage/refurbishment side of the industry between 10 and 40 million pounds across multiple sectors
• Experience of implementing various forms of MMC
• Understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
• Be able to effectively interpret and read drawings, technical specifications
• Have experience of managing specialist designers/subcontracts/supply chain •Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (ONC / NVQ4 etc)
• Appropriate CSCS card
• Valid driving licence
• Navigation experience of design package software
• Working towards MCIOB
• Construction related degree
• Experience of working in project teams
• Managing specialist designers/subcontracts/supply chain
• Have experience of project delivery
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible. We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.