Cobham , South East
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01077
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK’s first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
Willmott Dixon Construction South London South East are recruiting for a Design Coordinator to join its central office based in Cobham with regional offices in Dartford and Gatwick.
Here at Willmott Dixon we are people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and ensure our core values are embodied by each team member.
- Lead the design process to produce accurate information in line with the agreed specification and cost plan / estimate.
- It is also equally important to manage the appointment of consultants and ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services.
- Develop a design programme with the consultants to meet the agreed whole life programme dates.
- Provide cost effective technical solutions.
- Chair design team meetings and issue actions to all involved within 2 working days.
- Produce designs that meet all necessary statutory and regulatory approvals and record on appropriate tracking logs.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Have previous proven experience of contracting
- Have experience of various forms of construction technology
- Have an understanding of CAD and Microsoft Office
- Have experience of project delivery
- Have experience of reading and interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Have experience of managing specialist designers/subcontracts/supply chain
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (ONC / NVQ4 etc)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Valid driving licence
- Navigation experience of design package software
- Working towards MCIOB
- Construction related degree
- Experience of working in project teams
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties and redirect people’s energy towards a common goal,
- Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
- Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.