Farnborough , South East
Construction Manager (Project Lead)
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON00989
Willmott Dixon Construction is looking to recruit an experienced Construction Manager due to the growth of the business, working on various projects. You will be an experienced Construction Manager capable of running and delivering projects of £10mn plus. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for (4th place) which is continuing to grow. If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change then this could be the right role for you.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company’s sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage the client expectations and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
- Implement the supply chain policy. Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme and manage community relations.
- Develop and implement project strategy and delivery programme. Ensure effective
- Communication and implementation to deliver the project on time. Ensure regular monitoring and reporting on progress and instigate corrective actions as required.
- Manage the operational aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Review performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate the project team and the supply chain to deliver the project.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Ensure consistent implementation of standard procedures.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Ensure robust strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set.
- Implement best practice and drive continuous improvement.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Accurate interpretation of contract documents, programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.