Weybridge , South East
Full Time , Permanent
Reference number: CON01546
Ranked as the 5th Best Company To Work For by the Sunday Times in 2020, Willmott Dixon is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and ensure our core values are embodied by each team member.
We are looking to recruit a Bid Coordinator to join our bid submissions team in Weybridge that will align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture. Promoting an agile working environment, the role is split between office and remote, therefore the candidate should be located within a reasonable commuting distance to Weybridge. We also have offices in Gatwick and Dartford, to which ad-hoc, occasional travel may be required.
The candidate should ideally have some experience as a Bid Writer, Bid Editor, Bid Coordinator or similar role. They should have the ability to lead the creation of our written responses to achieve high quality, winning bids that meet our company objectives. You will have good experience of writing and editing tender submissions. Knowledge and experience of the Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign is desirable, but full training will be provided if required.
The main role of a Bid Coordinator
The main role of a Bid Coordinator at Willmott Dixon is to lead the development of quality submissions and actively work with our project managers to enhance the quality of bids. You will be able to assess technical bid requirements and assist the project manager to shape our proposals. You will ensure the formal bid process is followed, providing recommendations for improvement to the process.
Through your review and editing of drafts you will ensure the writing structure and words used in the bid persuasively conveys our offer to the customer. Working with subject matter experts, you will conceptualise and create visual elements to help tell the story. With an awareness of bidding best practice, you will also provide guidance to less experienced staff and those from other areas of the business.
You’ll also support creation of clear and effective customer presentations and provide creative ideas and initiatives for bids.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
• Experience of facilitating answer plan sessions, win theme workshops and managing the tender review process
• Experience of bid writing and bid editing, creating compelling and persuasive responses
• Excellent resource planning skills
• Experience of using Microsoft Office
• Use of Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
• Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
• You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation • Make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary
• State your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations
• Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
• Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
• Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding
• Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others
• Find practical ways to overcome barriers.
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.