Taking time and cost out of construction!
Scape is a public sector owned built environment specialist offering a full suite of national frameworks and design solutions. By bringing together the strongest teams from the public and private sector, Scape’s rapidly deployed, performance managed and collaborative approach delivers value for money and quality buildings while stimulating local growth and community benefits. Scape is the only organisation to be awarded the CEEP CSR Label.
On each framework, Scape selects the best single supplier by undertaking a carefully controlled tender process that complies with OJEU and Public Contract Regulation requirements in a two stage selection process.
These competitive tenders enable Scape to select suppliers that offer the best proposition for clients.
Major Works Framework
Willmott Dixon is Scape's sole partner on the Major Works Framework, one of six frameworks provided by Scape. We were appointed after scoring the highest marks for cost and quality during a rigorous tender process.
Major Works can be used by a public sector organisation to procure any type of construction project with a value above £2 million. Adopting an NEC form of contract, it covers new-build, refurbishment, extensions and adaptation projects.
It can be used for projects of any nature, including:
- Construction projects - where full capital funding is available
- Asset transfers - when assets can be used as a contribution towards contract sum negotiations
Scape projects delivered by Willmott Dixon in a variety of sectors:
- Housing – 80 homes in Islington for Family Mosaic
- Blue Light – new police station for Newcastle
- Leisure – Redcar Leisure and Civic Heart
- Education – answer Liverpool's call for new schools
- Sunesis - creating Doncaster's first school in 30 years
- Universities – Bournemouth University's first project in a decade
- Health - most sustainable primary care centre ever built
- Science and technology – new home for Met Office's supercomputer
- Commercial – modern offices for the DfE in Darlington
Redcar's Leisure and Community Heart
How we bring value - see this short film on Willmott Dixon and Scape giving Liverpool City Council the solution they needed.
All clients get real-time access to performance data on each project through our bespoke portal miproject. This means they have visibility of vital data on a secure online system quickly and efficiently - something that's unique in the industry!
Benefits of using Major Works framework
- Time savings - a minimum of 200 days are saved compared to traditional procurement. 100% of projects delivered on time and budget since 2006!
- Cost savings - currently an average of 14p for every £1 spent is saved across all projects through procurement, supply chain and early risk reduction savings.
- Robust validated costs - your cost plan will be market informed: 65% at feasibility, 85% at planning and 100% at contract to ensure robustness. 100% of the final price is market informed and verified to achieve value for money.
- Demonstrable performance - performance is monitored and captured by Scape on your behalf at all stages of the project. Audited KPIs are reported direct to you via miproject.
- National delivery, local growth - procured nationally, the framework secures huge economies of scale. Delivered locally, it also drives social and economic benefits for communities throughout the UK.
- Low contractor fees - low contractor fees, set at 1.75.