We constantly seek to improve our sustainability performance, so we participate in a number of industry benchmarks. These give us an independent view on where we do well and where we need to improve.
We are Founding Members of the Considerate Constructors scheme and five year Associate members.
The Considerate Constructors Scheme is a national initiative set up by the construction industry to improve its image.
All Willmott Dixon construction sites are registered with the Considerate Constructors' Scheme.
Construction sites and companies that register with the Scheme are monitored against a Code of Considerate Practice, designed to encourage best practice beyond statutory requirements.
The scheme is for any area of construction activity that may have a direct or indirect impact on the image of the industry as a whole. The main areas of concern fall into three categories: the general public, the workforce and the environment.
Business in the Community Corporate Responsibility Index
We scored 3 stars (92%) in Business in the Community’s 2015 Corporate Responsibility Index.
The Index is a robust tool which helps companies systematically measure, manage and integrate responsible business practice. It takes the form of an online survey and companies follow a self-assessment process intended to help them identify both the strengths in their management and performance, and gaps, where future progress can be made.
Our 3 stars demonstrate that we:
- have developed and implemented procedures to ensure that our employees live up to company standards of business behaviour,
- link remuneration or bonus systems to senior managers and Board members’ CR objectives and targets,
- take into account social and environmental issues when making strategic business decisions such as investments, downsizing, research and development, selection of business partners pension fund providers,
- provide relevant CR training for employees, senior managers and Board members,
- have developed specific and measurable targets for some performance areas,
- can demonstrate 1-2 years of performance improvement across several performance impact areas.
Read our BiTC 2015 feedback report.
Find out more about BITC's CR Index and company listings.
BITC - CommunityMark
Willmott Dixon is one of only a handful of companies in the UK to achieve Business in the Community’s prestigious CommunityMark. The CommunityMark is the UK’s only national standard that publically recognises excellence in community investment. The CommunityMark is not an award – it is an independent, 360-degree, rigorous assessment process that defines innovators and leaders in community investment.
Find out more about companies achieving the CommunityMark.